Don’t brand me as a hypocrite just yet. I haven’t changed my mind about being a lactivist/breastfeeding advocate, and yes, I know that “Breastfeeding is best for babies up to two years and beyond”, and my son is just about to turn 10 months old this Oct. 26. I honestly want to breastfeed my little one “up to two years and beyond”. But I may not be able to.
I admit that the prospect of breastfeeding up to two years and beyond scared me, as it means:
- Unattractive nursing bras and possibly unfashionable blouses with front buttons eternally
- Zero alcohol and almost zero caffeine even during night-outs
- Expected interrupted activities (when I’m finally in my work mojo, then I’d be interrupted)
- No hair (no hair color, digi perm, rebond, etc.) and skin (although I’m not very keen on this) treatments
- My baby’s pedia hinted that I may wean when baby is one year old
(Me: Kala ko po ba Doc “Breastmilk is best for babies up to two years and beyond”?
Pedia: Best, pero hindi naman sinabing dapat talagang paabutin ng two years. ‘Pag malakas nang kumain pwede nang i-stop kung gusto mo.)
- I started feeling that I look like crap and would want to do something to my hair
- Because of #2, I started feeling old and got very interested when I saw Jinkee Pacquiao’s Belo Nutraceuticals Gluta + Collagen capsules ad (I realized I should start worrying about my face getting old as I am [gulp!] nearing my 30’s)
- I discovered that I may have diabetes insipidus (well, it isn’t final yet as I’ve yet to undergo an MRI) and need to take hormone-replacement meds that has no definite conclusion on whether it’s OK for breastfeeding mothers.
Tell me what you think!
Powered by Facebook Comments