Ever since I gave birth everything has been in a rush. Pre-Raviv I used to have so much idle time in my hands. I even had time researching about mineral make-ups and watching “How to Have Bigger Eyes” or “How to Get the Smoky Look” video tutorials. But now, those are just but memories. I’m glad, because in place of them I get more laughter and sense of fulfillment watching my son. And also because our business grew.
So I guess I’m a lot less vain now. In fact, I can do my face within five minutes. Hindi ito marathon style ha? Normal primping lang.
I do my five-minute make-up when:
- I know I’ll be cooped up in the office the whole day and am not expecting a guest or going to a meeting.
- I go to the supermarket.
- I am running seriously late to an appointment.
If the situation is none of the above, I spend a much longer time of course. 🙂 Or even when one of the above happens but I want to glam up. Or when I feel insecure. Or when I want someone to feel insecure. Joke!
Anyhoo, these are my five-minute face fix staples:
1. The Face Shop BB Cream – as most BB creams do, it serves as my sunblock (has SPF 37) and foundation: it minimizes the appearance of pores, corrects skin color, and gives my face a matte yet dewy finish. This cost less than P400 and I’ve been using it for months. A pea-sized dollop and my face is good to go. This is available in all The Face Shop boutiques.
2. VMV Hypoallergenics Sheer Lip Tint in Cherry Fudge – this came in the VMV care package for Mom and baby I got.
Here’s how the VMV Hypoallergenics Sheer Lip Tint is described on the VMV website:
100% Free of Irritating Waxes (including Beeswax and its cross-reactors), Phthalates, Parabens + Preservatives.
100% Free of All-Types-Of-Fragrance.
With titanium dioxide + iron oxide pigments for additional sun protection.
With green tea for antioxidant benefits plus virgin coconut oil for intensive moisturization.
Besides preventing chapping + other irritations, all this safety prevents darkening of the lips and acne/rashes around the mouth and chin.
But what I disliked about it is that it’s easily removed! I’m not a fan of retouching! At first I thought it would be put to waste, until I used it as the base of my lipstick! See, most lipsticks are drying. But when I put this beneath my longer-wearing lipstick, my lips do not dry up. I do not know how much this costs alone, as, like I said I got this as a part of the VMV Hypoallergenics mom and baby package.
3. Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Pink Brandy – this is my everyday tint: subtle yet still manages to make my lips pop. My skintone is autumn, and corals perfectly complement my skintone. It’s not that longwearing, but it can survive my very frequent gulps of water and chichirya-munching. Wearing this when I’m in a fully airconditioned room the whole day makes my lips dry, but not when VMV Hypoallergenics Sheer Lip Tint in Cherry Fudge is present.
Max Factor is a drugstore brand so it’s easily available in most malls. I think this lipstick cost between P600-800.
4. K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eye Brow Liner – Let me copy-paste its description verbatim from shop.beautybar.com.ph, because each claim is absolutely true.
It’s Real Lasting Eyebrow Liner is a heaven sent product for people with sparse eyebrows as it literally stays put until you want it to. It is water resistant and its translucent ink helps users avoid the common problem of “over-darkened” eyebrows. No need to check your eyebrows every once in awhile to make sure your eyebrows are still there. Yahoo to perfect eyebrows the whole day!
This revolutionary liquid eyebrow liner defines your eyebrows naturally through its remarkable “dual” flat point tip. You can choose to simultaneously shade, mark and tint your eyebrows in an amazing long lasting way with its smudge and water-resistant polymers. This eyebrow liner is made of just the right amount of translucence such that the color is deep enough to conceal sparse areas of your eyebrow but not too dark that it gives a severe, unforgiving tone. If you want a darker tone, just go over the same area twice or more. Suitable for everyone, from beginners to professionals!
One pen will last 3 to 4 months of daily use.
I love, love, love, love this! I’m not like the Emperor in The Emperor’s New Clothes when it comes to cosmetics and beauty products—I mean, I don’t easily join the bandwagon when it comes to raving for a product. Even when everyone says that a product is great, my brain still works and is still critical. Especially with the “lasting” claims. Ilang salesladies na ang nabara ko sa mga “Long-lasting po talaga ‘yan Ma’am” sales pitches. But the K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eye Brow Liner is in a league of its own! For a girl with thin and sparse eyebrows who knows that eyebrows make or break a look, this product is a must-have!
Left: Before K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eye Brow Liner,
my eyebrows were too thin and sparse
Right: After K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eye Brow Liner,
I got eyebrows that are just right
5. K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner – this is my second K-Palette product, and again it made me gape with awe! It’s quick-drying and its brush tip is uber thin, makng it easy to control. And best of all, it really lasts. I even dare put this K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner on my lower lash lines and it doesn’t smudge at all! Buh-bye racoon eyes—hello easy cat-eyes!
K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eye Brow Liner and K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner are both available in the Beauty Bar outlets, and both cost P895 each. And may I add, both are worth every centavo.
6. Lucido-L Hair Make Supplement for Permed Hair – a face-fix includes fixing your crowning glory, right? I am diligent and patient when it comes to putting make-up but the opposite is true of me when it comes to my hair. For the longest time, I’ve kept my hair just long and straight, because I abhor, yes, ABHOR, styling my hair. I hate it when my hair is sticky, greasy or hard. My hands also easily tire combing and styling my thick hair. So having my hair permed was a big leap, for one of my mannerisms is combing my fingers through my hair. But I can somehow do that now, thanks to Lucido-L Hair Make Supplement for Permed Hair!
Plus, my hair is smooth. And my curls? Of course it’s not as curly as when I put on styling mousse and other icky products and spend so much time scrunching it, but it has got that beach-y waves look that I’ve always loved after just tying it in an easy chignon.
I got my Lucido-L Hair Make Supplement for Permed Hair from Watson’s. I think each bottle cost P300+++.
That’s it, and I’m good to go. 🙂
Tell me what you think!
Powered by Facebook Comments