Regular readers of Momster Teacher know that I deliberately postponed mommyhood. Randy and I were boyfriend-girlfriend for six years before we tied the knot, and we were almost three years married when Raviv was born.
Because of fear. Fear that I might screw up, fear that I might lose my freedom, fear that I’ll never be back in shape again, and the list goes on.
I’d like to say that my fears were unfounded, but I won’t lie to you. The list of my fears about my child’s future and welfare (and as to whether I’d lose the extra inches off my waist) double as time goes on.
But the sheer joy of having him in our (my and Randy’s) lives quadruples by the second.
How can you ever regret having this in your life?
Apparently, I’m not alone in my concerns.
Enter Project Mom: The Modern Mother’s Guidebook, written by celebrity moms Amanda Griffin-Jacob and Bianca Araneta-Elizalde. This book aims to provide a friendly nudge in the right direction to help us enjoy mommyhood to the full (kasi wala namang mas “full” sa “full” ‘di ba? So walang “fullest”. Sorry can’t help but point that out, ahehehe) !
“I see it as an innovative addition to the world of motherhood simply there is nothing like this book here or even abroad,” says Amanda. “Our step-by-step guide to mommy-hood really makes it less scary.”
Bianca is also eager to share her knowledge and show that the joys of motherhood are more widespread than the anxieties. “We spell it out for you, teach moms how we did it (and we were able to do it here in Manila), so we really try to make it easier for them to do the same,” she adds.
Packed with an array of tips, tricks, and a comprehensive local directory, the manual also takes a look at breastfeeding and healthy eating, with a special section for mamas. Women can learn how to get their bodies back after pregnancy and attain optimum well-being along with their kids. At the end of it all, Amanda and Bianca hope to make the oft-trod path of motherhood smoother sailing than anything else.
Yours truly is one of the mom bloggers who were able to attend the launch of this remarkable book. Yes, it was this event that caused the plummeting of my self-confidence, thank you very much! Just kidding! 🙂
During the book launch, it was evident that Mommies Amanda and Bianca really poured out their hearts into the book! They consulted so many doctors, other mommies, and several experts. They’re really OC so I’m sure this book is a gem especially for first-time moms!
To give you a preview of what you will get out of this wonderful book, here’s its table of contents:
- Preface by Francis Dimalanta, M.D.
- Editor’s Note
- Foreword: Tweetie de Leon-Gonzalez and Giselle Toengi
- Introduction: Amanda and Bianca
- PREGNANCY – Amanda has got it covered from pregnancy wellness and morning sickness to the stranger things that can happen to your body during this 40-week gestational adventure.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED – Babies need so many things and it’s hard to know exactly what you should get. Amanda outlines everything you need and reveals what your baby products should NOT contain so you know what to avoid.
- BRINGING HOME BABY – You’ll never quite capture that magical feeling of being a NEW MOM again. It is hard to articulate all the emotions that are present in each moment. Amanda delves into what you can expect when you bring your baby home and gives some useful advice and empathy about new motherhood.
- BREASTFEEDING – If there’s anything you need to know about breastfeeding your baby, it’s all here! Bianca gives you the lowdown on all the benefits of breastfeeding as well as the proper way to latch your baby, establish your milk supply and techniques on overcoming the common breastfeeding problems.
- HEALTH – Every new mom worries about her baby’s health. Here, Bianca discusses common conditions babies develop, immunization, development, dental health, first aid basics as well as red flags you need to look out for.
- FOOD – Amanda discusses what your baby needs for the first year and gives recommendations on how to foster good eating habits from day one.
- MEMORIES AND MILESTONES – Having a baby is a reason to celebrate! Bianca talks about documenting your baby’s first year and throwing events you wont forget.
- OUT AND ABOUT – Have baby, will travel! Traveling with your baby can be overwhelming for new moms. Bianca gives you tips on things to consider when moving about, the gear you need, as well as fun activities you can do with them near or far.
- JUST FOR MOMS – Once you become a new mother, your life revolves around your baby. Sometimes we get lost in the shuffle. Amanda explores the importance of me time, girlfriends, and getting your body back.
- A NOTE FROM AMANDA AND BIANCA
See? It practically has everything a first-time mom needs! Grab one for you, or for an expecting loved one now!
PS: Thanks ARC PR and Project Mom for these press kit goodies! 🙂
Tell me what you think!
Powered by Facebook Comments