If you can relate to this post’s title, then you’re probably a batang 80’s.
To the young blood bekis, you may be wondering where the senior bekis got the “thunder cats” term for those who are, well, “tanders”. Well, that’s from the ‘80s hit cartoon ThunderCats. Aaand, favorite ko ‘yan nung bata ako.
But this blog is not about the cartoons ThunderCats. This is about something that kinda sounds like it.
It’s about my thunder thighs.
Because for the first time, I took the plunge. For the first time, my thighs will take center stage here in my Wardrobe Diaries.
Are you ready? If you are, then shout/chant with me (ala-Lion-O)…
Thunder thighs, Hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- blouse/top: Blessed Online Shop
- acid washed shorts: Forever 21
- yellow wedges: Figliarina
- bag: Balenciaga Giant Velo in Anthracite
- necklace: nenok–ed from Motherhood (given to her by my kinakapatid Bubbles Salem-Floresca about 8 years ago)
This was my outfit of the day during my impromptu “outing” with my pretty pedia friends, Dr. Sugar Blanco and Dr. Maya Ibasco at 88 Resort. Since there were swimming pools, I brought Raviv with me. In fairness, maganda pala ang 88 Resort. The view was spectacular and there were a lot of activities families can do together. I made a mental note to return, because we were not really able to pasyal. Pa’no we had a lot of catching up (aka chikahan) to do.
Back to my thunder thighs.
Actually, all my close friends know how much I hate my thighs. As in. I’m super duper insecure about them.
- When I was in grade school, nauso ‘yung leggings. ‘Yung schoolmates ko maluwag ang leggings sa legs nila. Yung sa akin, siksik na siksik na agad bata pa lang ako.
- When I was a freshman in high school and everyone still had skinny legs, I would ever so carefully lift my legs up slightly when I was wearing jeans and sitting down. Otherwise, nafa-flat ang legs ko against the chair and it would always, always, always be the biggest. Maliban na lang kung may kasama akong obese.
- When I was a junior in high school during Intrams everybody was wearing shorts. Naengganyo ako. Pink pa ‘yung sinuot ko. Feeling ko ang ganda/sexy ko. In the evening my crush called. Bago tayo kiligin, basahin muna natin ang sinabi n’ya: “Ang taba mo pala talaga ‘no? Kanina ko lang na-realize nung naka-shorts ka.” BURN!
And I may have mentioned this on my blog before, but I used to dread the thought of my future husband seeing my legs. Feeling ko kahit ga’ano pa ka-inlove sa akin ‘yun ‘pag nakita ang legs ko, matu-turn off. Talaga. So when early in our relationship Randy accidentally saw me wearing shorts and grinned like the Cheshire Cat, I turned beet red. He said he liked how “bilugan” my thighs/legs were often (until now), but it took me a looooooong time to believe him. And when I did, I knew he was the one I was gonna marry. Yihi!!! ‘Yung ang “sign”.
Although feeling ko kaya bet ni Randy ang thunder thighs ko eh dahil as far as he is concerned, mas nananalo sa dog shows yung mga dobermann at bull mastiff na heavy-boned.
Kumusta naman ang caption ng in-upload n’yang picture ko ?!?
Anyway, if you don’t think my legs are really thunderous in these photos, THANK YOU. Pero malaki talaga sila, promise. Umanggulo lang ako.
Before I park, I want to share with you some tips. If you have thunder thighs like me and yet you want to be en vogue and wear p3k-p3k shorts too, here are some unsolicited pieces of advice:
- Wear heels. They really help elongate your legs (result: they look thinner).
- Don’t buy shorts that taper; buy shorts that flare. I tried buying shorts that taper, and I’ve never been confident whenever I wore them. Suman na suman ang legs ko, kita pa ang apaw.
- Wear loose top but with cinched waist to balance. Actually, these shorts (together with several other pairs) have been sitting in my closet for some time already. I had a difficult time looking for the perfect top, so I was not able to wear them. But when I received this top from Blessed Online Shop, I knew I’ll finally be able to wear my shorts. It was perfect: lightweight, cool, and loose on the right parts (it’s garterized and cinched at the waist so I still have a shape). Its “loose-ness” balanced my heavy lower half. Ergo my thunder thighs did not look as thunderous as it really is.
Tell me what you think!
Powered by Facebook Comments