Hello everyone! It’s been a looong while since I posted random things about my life’s happenings. I really wanna do it, but I swear, sobrang busy lang talaga! These days all I’ve been blogging are sponsored posts and advertorials! I am happy because they are blessings: aside from that it’s extra moolah for me, they also make my self-esteem high because it means MomsterTeacher is trusted by recognized and highly esteemed brands.
But I really miss my usual chika with you guys and girls and gays. So many things have been happening in my life, and believe me that at each time, I long to share it with you.
Anyway, let’s get it out of the way: Bakit nga ba busy-busy-han ako these days? If you follow me on Instagram, then you’d know I’ve been hands on with my new baby: Randy and I are the new proud owners of the soon-to-open Gymboree Sta. Rosa!!!
It’s a lot of work, but I am immensely enjoying! Andaming stress (as is expected when opening a new business), but they are often quickly negated.
1. The delay of construction of Gymboree site – supposedly, kahapon ang Grand Opening namin. However, because of the frequent rains, the construction was often put to a halt.
2. The Search for the Next Gymboree Sta. Rosa teacher – eto pa. It all started when I lost my phone. As early as September, I already had two prospects. But since I lost my phone, I lost contact with them. It took me a while to contact them. And when I finally did, one of the two had already accepted another job offer because she thought I didn’t like her. Asus! Then I interviewed more. And then after so many candidates, I got another one. We started our training na and all. Then after two weeks, she dropped a bombshell: she didn’t know she was preggers, and she had a miscarriage. She underwent a D&C procedure, and her doctor told her she can’t be moving around. Kumusta naman?! Until now, I’m still looking for another teacher.
3. Port congestion – I guess you’ve heard this news: there’s a port congestion! My Gymboree equipment were ordered from Gymboree US. And now I don’t know when they’ll become available. I can’t open without my equipment!!!
But there are a lot of positive things that make me super excited and still optimistic about this whole Gymboree Franchising thing:
Things that get me excited
1. Great team – I so love the people of Gymboree! Ms. Ann Tan, Gymboree Philippines’ Master Franchiser, is so nice and easy to talk to. Walang red tape-red tape sa kanya—yung tipong secretary niya ang dapat munang kausapin, matagal mag-reply sa email…mga ganung hanash. But with Ann, walang ganun-ganun even though she’s staying out of the country. I also love the Rachelle, the lady who has been training us! She’s so nice and patient and accommodating. Ditto the other Gymboree teachers we’ve met!
2. Great Program – I have a confession to make: I absolutely had no idea how Gymboree classes were run before I started training. The nearest Gymboree to us was Alabang, and that’s quite far from home. I thought that Gymboree classes were the usual and traditional preschools where teachers were not really required to be in their “performance levels”. So imagine my glee and surprise when I saw how actual Gymboree classes were held. Ang saya-saya pala! I am so excited for my future students to experience Gymboree!
3. Gymboree Birthday Parties – Most of my early readers knew me because of the DIY parties I make for Raviv, dabah? Yes, I love parties! Planning them, making customized invitations, decorating, and all the bells and whistles that come along with parties! I am beyond thrilled that I will be channeling my inner Martha Stewart to my client when they decide to throw Gymboree birthday parties!!! And as early as now, I already have a project: Raviv’s birthday party! Kaya mejo stressed akong dapat dumating na ang equipment ko before Raviv’s birthday celebration!!!
4. I can become a better Nanay to Raviv – during our training, I learn a lot! Not just in bringing in business, but on how to be a better mom. Our trainer, Ms. Rachelle, taught me a lot of techniques on how to handle kids, what to tell kids, how to do storytelling better, learn more kids’ songs, etc. aaand, Raviv loves the Gymboree playfloor! Raviv can directly benefit from this Gymboree business venture!
So I just wanna enjoy our new venture and focus on the positive things. If you can spare me a minute or teo, please include me and this new venture in your prayers. Please pray for me to get great teachers (not just as “teachers” per se but as grateful and devoted employees), and for the port congestion to be “decongested”. Above all, please help me pray that Gymboree Sta. Rosa will be an avenue for families to bond together and for kids to develop strength, intellect, and social skills.
Happy Sunday everyone!
Tell me what you think!
Powered by Facebook Comments