(This is one of those “I-wish-this-were-a-Sponsored-Post” blog entries. But it’s not.)
I’ve been getting a lot of private messages regarding my quest for hairless underarms courtesy of the IPL package I got from Mendez Medical Group, in reference to my blogpost entitled Tiis Ganda. To be honest, I wasn’t satisfied with it. Although I got the 3-in-1 package (IPL + whitening + excessive sweating treatment), I ended up getting only the IPL during my later visits there. Why? Because I felt like the whitening and excessive sweating treatments were mema lang—padding lang. Something to “sweeten” the deal. I got this impression because when I was getting my treatments there, they were offering me the “more effective way” to whiten my underarms which was the blue peeling with diamond peel. It cost me an additional P3,000. As for the excessive sweating treatment, I have a feeling that its effectiveness was but fleeting. So to save time, I would just tell the aesthetician to proceed to the IPL.
Then it gets more confusing from there: some aestheticians would advise me that it’s better if we don’t put the gel anymore to better penetrate/burn the hair follicles. But the others would tell me I should stick with the gel because it’s my skin’s protection from the laser.
Finally, up to now I still wonder why they would insist on plucking/threading in between sessions, because all the other clinics (even those where my friends went to) strictly prohibited plucking/threading in between sessions. Shaving was OK, but definitely not plucking/threading.
Because of these, tinamad na ako to finish my sessions. Anyway, I didn’t feel any difference. I went there up to my 4th session only. I thought I’ll forever be stuck to plucking, shaving, and occasional waxing.
But thank God I discovered Skin Station!
When a branch near our office opened, I didn’t even consider going there. Mukhang mahal, eh. But my soshal friends urged me; they said that Skin Station’s diode laser hair removal was great as it was relatively painless. And it has promos since it has just opened. Go na raw ako.
So I checked it out. I was surprised at how affordable it was: P5,000 for 8 sessions of Diode Laser Underarm Hair Removal. Great promo!
Although the promo of Mendez Medical Group seems cheaper (P3,000 for 12 sessions of IPL + whitening + excessive sweating treatment), Skin Station’s deal (P5,000 for 8 Diode Laser Underarm Hair Removal sessions) is way, way, way better.
Why I love Skin Station and its Diode Laser Underarm Hair Removal Promo
First, the ambiance is great. It’s something I never expected, because I’ve only been in two derma clinics (alam n’yo na kung no ‘yung isa), and neither of them considered setting a good atmosphere.
Skin Station (at least in the branch I frequent, which is Skin Station at Laguna Central in Greenfield, Sta. Rosa City) looks and smells clean.
Spacious, well-lit and clean room where my diode laser underarm hair removal was done
Clean wraparound to be used during the treatment is already prepared upon entering
Skin Station aesthetician’s paraphernalia during the diode laser hair removal all orgnized on the bedside table
Even the toilet at Skin Station is clean!
The music, too! Instead of listening to the mindless chatting among aestheticians or the annoying spiels of DJs of radio stations, relaxing spa music is played.
Second, the staff is collectively organized, professional and neat. I appreciate that I get text messages reminding me of my appointment, the aestheticians and receptionists talk in hushed tones…and most importantly, there is no pasikatan among the aestheticians. I really, really hate it when one aesthetician brags that she’s the best and her colleagues are palpak or not knowledgeable. This frequently happens in beauty parlors and even in Mendez. Not to mention the talking in loud voices, sometimes even using crass language.
And third, the treatment itself is effective and economical. My first two points would have been invalid if not for this last one. I’ve just had my 7th diode laser underarm hair removal session last Easter Sunday, and until now I could barely feel any hair growth on my underarm. This has been happening since after my 3rd session: hair growth is very slow, and hair has become very fine.
Things you should know:
- It’s better if you go there without having plucked, waxed or threaded your underarm hair. Otherwise, they might refuse you. They’re targeting the hair follicles, remember. Better yet, go there na “in full bloom” ang underarm hairs mo. They take photos of your underarm per session so you can track your progress.
- Before each session after taking your underarm’s picture, the aesthetician will shave your underarm. When it grows back (days after your session), fret not because it will fall off on its own. Or you can even pull it using your fingers without feeling any sting. Remember, its follicle was burned down.
- Each session must have a gap of at least 6 weeks, and no plucking/threading/waxing must be done in between. Shaving is allowed, but remember that shaving causes underarm darkening so keep shaving at bay. Anyway, hair growth after even the first session will be stunted and the growing hairs are fine.
- They will ask you to buy a post-laser ointment/cream. I didn’t buy, and I was alright.
- It’s true that the Diode Laser Hair Removal is almost painless. I remember even falling asleep during one session! Unlike the IPL where I’m constantly worried na baka masunog ang kili-kili ko. With Skin Station’s Diode Laser Hair Removal machine, it’s just like an ultrasound head that the aesthetician kneads. Mas masakit pa yung kalamigan ng gel pa dumampi sa kili-kili.
- If you are pregnant or suspect to be pregnant, this is not for you.
- Never open your eyes during each session. Otherwise, your eye may be damaged.
- The following day after your session, you are not to use any deodorant or anti-perspirant on your underarms.
- If you get the 8 sessions promo (like me), make sure you don’t lose your vouchers. No voucher, no service. Vouchers are also transferable and may be given as a gift, by the way.
- The vouchers have no expiry. So even if I get pregnant and can’t use my last voucher, I can keep it and use it even if my child is already in high school. LOL. 😛
- If the promo is no longer ongoing, get a membership. All members can avail of all promos—yes, even those whose promo periods that have lapsed—any time. Better yet, ask a member to buy for vouchers for you. Tutal transferable naman, remember? In fact, I got a membership to avail of its Hyal-C facial with diamond peel.Which I will blog about next time. 😉