Weeks before my birthday, I got myself an early present. Ta-dah!!!!
These days, I’ve been cooped in Los Banos. That means limited access to all things bright and beautifying. Good thing I discovered BeautyMNL, where I have access to practically all beauty brands (and more!)
My discovery of BeautyMNL came just at the right time because I’ve recently rekindled my interest in make-up. After watching Pia Wurtzbach’s make-up tutorial on YouTube, and after the fantastic job that make-up artist Eliza Santiago did on my face (especially my undereye circles!) when I hosted the Mommy Meet-up, I felt that I had to refresh the contents of my make-up kit. It’s time to say “Adios!” to some of my old reliables.
You know when they say that using a product continuously for a long time makes your skin “immune” to it? I believe that. Especially true when it comes to sunblocks, foundations and lipsticks for me.
For example, I’ve been using the Belo sunblock for a year, then the super expensive Obagi Nu Derm Sun Shield. At first, I love how both blended in my skin. But after months of using them, my skin just got oily (as in slicky oily) and no longer blended well with my bronzer and powder.
So my next bet was the much lauded VMV Armada. Unfortunately for me, it’s not available here in Los Banos. My only other options were the supermarket brands which, honestly, are very heavy on the face. Ordering from fly-by-night and unreliable online sellers was not a option because trust me, naglipana ang fakes/counterfeits! And I won’t allow products with hazardous chemicals (read: LEAD!) posing as “discounted” high-end products touch my skin, excuse me! 😛 That’s why my discovery of BeautyMNL is truly awesome!
There are a lot to be excited about Beauty Manila:
1. A wide array of products and brands! Yep, even the high end and difficult-to-find ones that I used to ask friends and relatives abroad to buy from me pa. This time, I no longer have to wait for months before a balikbayan box arrives. Neither do I need to brave the Metro Manila traffic and scour different malls for specific brands.
2. Its website is full of useful make-up tips and tricks, helping guide you choose which products to buy to achieve certain looks. Check out its Bloom Magazine!
3. Speaking of guiding you, it also contains reviews of products from real people who indicate their Skin Type, Skin Tone, etc. So if you’re a morena with dry skin and a certain morena with oily skin avers that a certain product works well for her, gorabelles!
4. Beauty Manila offers hassle-free and speedy delivery: I ordered mine on Saturday night, and it promptly arrived on Tuesday! Shipping is free for orders P2,000 and above, but if your order doesn’t reach P2,000, the handling and shipping fee is still makatarungan—still a lot, lot, lot, lot cheaper than gas + toll fee + time wasted on traffic and looking for parking.
5. And last but not the least, my favourite: FREEBIES!!!