Happy New Year!!!
I hope that unlike mine, your New Year’s Day is actually productive. Because today, I just ate, slept and watched Christmas TV movies on Netflix and hair curling tutorials on YouTube. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed na hindi totoo ang mga pamahiin, na kung anong ginawa mo ng January 1, ‘yun ang gagawin mo buong taon. Unless I win 100 million pesos in the lottery–then sleeping, eating, and watching TV the whole year with trips to slimming clinics in between is not very bad! Haha!
Anyway, our New Year salubong was decent. Simple, yet heartwarming. Just like our Media Noche.
I appreciated it because last year, it was just Randy, Raviv and I. It was so quiet that we said we’ll go to a hotel next New Year’s Eve. But it was happier this year. Our good old Alona and her family are back, plus Dodong and Raviv’s cousin Yoona.
In short, we were surrounded by people I love and who love us back. I hope it’s like this the whole 2017!
Guys, I know I’ve been nega in many of my past posts. I know you miss the bubbly me—my just-for-fun-and-laughs-and-kaartehan posts. I miss that, too. But everything just took a nosedive since the –ber months. I’m almost always besieged with concerns. My only consolation was what my friend said, “At least ang mga problems mo, hindi involved ang pamilya mo.” And that’s true: none of us has been seriously sick and our family is intact. I couldn’t thank God enough for that!
But being the ENFJ that I am, it was still difficult for me to just ignore things.
And when I get hurt, I bleed profusely. Especially when I feel betrayed by the people I trust and love. I need a lot of time to recuperate. What I hate the most is that nadadamay pati ibang tao. Innocent bystanders (aka my husband and son) bear the brunt of my anger. And just before 2016 ended, someone broke my trust again. Just a few days ago. I no longer want to elaborate because I’ll be shaking with anger again. And the anaesthesia (that was my day of pure katamaran) might wear off and I’ll be bitter again.
Anyway, to return my good vibes, I want to remind myself that 2016 wasn’t that bad. Here are why, and how 2017 can be much better!
1. Our angels. Alona and Peter returned! And so did Beth! Dodong is still with us despite a “piracy attempt”, and almost everyone who works for us are diligent and smart. 🙂
2. Proud MOM-ents. Raviv gave me so many! His first medal in soccer/football (at a prestigious Cup!), his perfect scores in ALL subjects in ALL exams…tapos ang pogi n’ya pa! How much more blessed can a mother be?
2017 Goals: Bumalik na sana si Yaya Isay and everything’s perfect!
2017 Goals: I need to promise myself that I will not succumb to Asian society’s obsession for children to be “advance”. I need to remind myself that although Raviv went to play-based schools, he’s doing extremely well in a traditional school. And since he’s already in a traditional school, I need to actively look for ways for him to play and enjoy his childhood.
3. House renovation. We have a much prettier house now! Last year I got envious when I saw how lovely my friends’ houses in Sta. Rosa were. I told Randy that, and he decided to have our house renovated. Pikitmata na sa gastos, tutal we’ve been working so hard, yet we’ve been so kuripot. I love the new look of our house so much that I no longer made Raviv take the exam in Xavier (because I no longer want us to move to Sta. Rosa!)
Sorry, I don’t really have “showcase” photos of our house.
2017 Goals: Maintain—if not improve further—our house. Since I have awesome household staff and spanking brand new stuff, I have no more excuse to ignore the mess.
4. Balik alindog. I’m still fat, yes. But because I got scared when I learned I’ll be on the same stage as Andi Manzano and my gorgeous friend Say Alonzo, I seriously started taking care of my skin starting July. Since then, I have been diligently putting on eye cream day and night; moisturizer with SPF under my also-SPF-enriched BB cream in the morning, and night cream before sleeping. Plus 2x/day cleansing my skin with Clarisonic. A month or two after that, even Randy (whom I see everyday!) noticed a huge difference and even told me I’m becoming lovelier and lovelier! Yiheee!!!
2017 Goals: Exercise to lose at least 5 pounds (let’s not get too ambitious, OK?) That, or get pregnant. Yup, we are ready to have a beautiful, smart baby girl! 😆
5. Better marriage. Yes, we still fight. A lot, even. Buuuut, I know our marriage is getting better. For one, we “consummate” our marriage more often, as in more often. More satisfactorily, too. 🤣 And second, I got a copy of The Power of a Praying Wife. Even if I have only read the first few pages and prayed a few prayers, it’s changing my heart and perspective.
2017 Goals: A few days ago I was chatting with a friend on Messenger. She revealed that some time this year, her vajayjay got torn because of too much sex. I told her that because I (finally!!!) realized how extremely important sex is to a married couple, I’ll make it a goal to also “get torn” in 2017. 😀 Then she said I was crazy–it was a serious affliction that restricted her from doing so many activities for months, and she even had to take medication. So binawi ko; akala ko ang effect lang eh hindi ka makakalakad nang maayos for a day or two. 😂 Ang goal ko na lang is for us to fall insanely in love again. Just as we were back in 2002.
View this post on Instagram
Happy New Year! 🎊🎈🎆 A more prosperous and blessed 2017 to us all! Thank you for being a part of our happiness in 2016. 💋 Love from Dewmaine, Randy, Yoona (my niece), Mama (my mother-in-law) and our Amorcito @rad_raviv # . . #happynewyear #goodbye2016 #hello2017 #welcome2017🎉 #wearefamily❤️
How about you? How was your 2016 and what are your plans for 2017? Do share them with me! 🙂