Remember when I promised to share with you my lovely cousin’s skincare regimen? The one I and my other cousins gently coaxed from her because we were so jealous of her skin? Well, I’ve been using the same products for a month or so now, and I’m extremely satisfied. I honestly don’t want to share with you kasi mamaya maubusan ako, hehe. But I promised to share if it’s effective, and it is! So I’m sharing. I super love my skin now! Iba ang glow (Note: I didn’t have a treatment in Belo, and I haven’t had Thermage).
In fact when I was having my eyebrows embroidered the other day, the aesthetician complimented how smooth my skin was. We saw each other a month ago prior to my new skincare regimen, but she didn’t give any positive comment about my skin then. I guess it’s really effective.
So what exactly is ït”? It’s the homecare treatment set from MVCA Javellana Advanced Aesthetics Clinic in Alabang.
MVCA Javellana Advanced Aesthetics Homeware Products Review
My face now right after washing it with the pink soap. I haven’t applied anything yet (no sunblock, no foundation, no bronzer, no powder) except for the kilay and lipstick. And of course, the tassel earrings. 😀 (I’m thinking of having the mole near my nostril removed. Parang malaking kulangot na nakawala eh! What do you guys think?) I’m pretty happy with my bare skin!
Anyway, this is my everyday morning routine.
STEP 1: I wash my face and neck with this Pink Soap until it lathers. This soap stings when left too long.
STEP 2: The Erythromycin solution helps soothe my skin after I wash it with the pink soap. I realize that it helps soothe my skin, especially when it’s itchy or touchy because of the soap. I also use it directly on pimples and oily parts.
STEP 3: The Growth Factor Serum is also a Vitamin A solution. According to its label, it is “The only physician strenght [sic] vitamin A treatment that self adjusts [sic] to each individual. Stimulates cell regeneration, diminish [sic] appearance of fine lines, reduce [sic] skin pigmentations, reduces skin pore size, dries up acne breakouts, lightens the skin.”
STEP 4: As you can see below, the bleaching cream is almost finished because I use it morning and night. I think it helped lighten my pimple marks—recently, I noticed that the dark marks (parang pang-Death Eaters sa Harry Potter, hehe) of my occasional pimple don’t fade as quickly as it used to. It now takes months! But probably thanks to this, my recent pimple marks fade quickly. I think this also helps make my skin look bright.
STEP 5: When I was doing my research on MVCA Javellana, I read somewhere that Kris Aquino uses the Javellana sunblock. She could have any expensive sunblock, but this is what she likes. And I understand why: it has high SPF (it’s SPF 60!) and non-greasy, it is light, and leaves a powder finish.
Sunblock recently applied on my neck only. Yes, it leaves a white tinge that eventually blends nicely with my skin. The sales assistant at MCVA Javellana Advanced Aesthetics told me that this sunblock has a powder finish, but they have another sunblock for males that don’t have a powder finish.
Applying sunblock on my face. Since the sunblock makes my face look really maputi, I can get away with wearing nude lipsticks. 🙂 But since I don’t want to look pale, I usually put bronzer and/or blush. I super duper love the look.
At night, the steps are almost the sane except that after washing my face with the pink soap, I put the Argirelene Eye Cream on the skin around my eyes.
I would then proceed to my morning routine’s Steps 2-4. Then I replace the sunblock with the Retinol Cream. During the peeling period, Retinol stings raw skin. But I think this is also one of the most effective and essential parts of my skincare regimen, so tiis-ganda lang.
Photo after washing face, no sunblock yet. I’m smiling very widely to show the fine lines under my eyes. They used to be much, much more visible and deeper. But now they’re normal, and almost non-existent when I’m not smiling. The dark circles under my eyes have also lightened.
That’s it, pancit. 😀 My face still isn’t perfect, but there really are significant changes that expensive mainstream skincare products didn’t give me. I’m super happy that my cousin shared to me her 10-year-old skincare routine, coz it’s also working for me.
- While on this, never ever go out without sunblock. As in NO WAY, JOSE! Not using sunblock when peeling/using Retinol or Vitamin A is the reason why some people have freckles/melasma. Make sure the SPF is high, and even with the sunblock, you should still stay away from the sun.
- If you’re going to the beach or you’re going to be under the sun, stop using the homecare treatment for some days.
- After a few days, your skin will start to peel. And it could hurt/itch like crazy. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- During peeling, you will also look ugly.
Also, I just want to make three things clear:
- This is NOT a sponsored post. I bought my set with my own money, no discount or freebies whatsoever.
- I rarely rave lengthily about beauty products or treatments. I only do when they give me SIGNIFICANT results (example: Diode Laser Underarm Hair Removal at Skin Station).
- Pictures of my face here are taken using my iPhone in my boudoir on Wednesday afternoon. The photos are 100% unedited, as in wala kahit brightness or color manipulation. That’s why I put on lipstick and tassel earrings—I’m not that brave to go totally naked. 😀 But the point is my skin, right? 🙂
Good luck and lemme know when this regimen also works for you. 🙂